Sunday, November 3, 2013

ZoneAlarm Glitches Hit Eudora, McAfee Users

Stay Tuned With System Mechanic


Pros associated with System Mechanic are its ease of use and easy installation. It also does not use much system resources while running silently in the background. One of the cons accompanying System Mechanic is that it is dogged by reports of poor customer support. Another is that unless you pc have an Internet connection it cannot be activated and therefore won’t work. It is also said to remove drivers such as scan and fax drivers from PCs. The product being good for only one year after activation is one more strike against System Mechanic. System Mechanic’s Problems and Complaints


Everything in System Mechanic is easy to use except for its maintenance and diagnostics features. System Mechanic’s maintenance and diagnostics features seem to cater to an audience more experienced with speed system utilities. The explanations provided for their functionality seem to expect that you know what they’re talking about beforehand. However, every other feature has thorough explanations geared toward a broad range of users. Additionally, detailed graphs give you an idea of how each feature impacts your system’s performance. We liked the System Analysis feature and the reports created by ActiveCare and IntelliStatus because they provided an ample amount of easy-to-understand information that will help most users maintain their computers.


The above computer had been used moderately for gaming about 2 1/2 months prior to testing. The first time I ran System Mechanic it shockingly stated that my system’s status was poor, identifying 7 problems and 1 warning regarding the security of my PC. The warning stated that I did not have an anti-malware speed program installed, which was incorrect as I had Symantec Endpoint Protection running in the background. Since knowing whether I had anti-malware installed seemed rather obvious, I was willing to give System Mechanic a pass on this test and elected to turn off the anti-malware monitor.


My problem is with their rebate. The rebate wasn't worded very well and I had sent in my receipt with the UPC code and then they tell me they could not give me my rebate. WHAT!! It was declined because I was supposed to send in my previous version's proof of purchase. The problem is I don't have a previous version so they declined my rebate. I said I wanted to return the product and they said fine but the other problem is they now have my original receipt (they will not accept copies)and UPC code. I asked for them back and they said no!


You get a new computer and it runs great. However, after a while, things start to get more and more sluggish. This is true for all operating systems, including those running the all new and shiny Windows 7. I tried version 9.0.3 of the software recently, as it's pc cleanup the first I found that works with Windows 7 64-bit (the software itself is 32-bit, however) and it seemed to work well, though not perfectly. If you do not have a tuneup program on you PC, it is time to get one. The one I recommand is iolo System Mechanic.


One W. Hall makes a serious complaint against the makers of System Mechanic. He alleges that by default the software is sending information on the user back to the makers, and deciphering how to halt this process is difficult. Lyle Scholten admits it optimize ed up his computer but by only about 10% and not the 300% as promised. He also says the program missed seven registry errors which were picked up afterwards by a different software and he removed System Mechanic after three days. After installing the software on two computers both ended up with problems, Axis B stated. Other Information.


Iolo Technologies has released System Mechanic 11.7 Free and System Mechanic 11.7 , a minor update to its popular Windows system optimization tool that delivers refinements to existing technologies in order to eke more performance out of PCs. System Mechanic 11.7’s promise of faster start-up times is delivered via enhancements to System Mechanic’s boot-optimization technology, which iolo promises will make Windows ready for use much quicker than with previous builds of the program. This builds on previous enhancements including one where the user is given complete control over what boots when - for example, creating “black out” times where no boot-time operations are performed.


No comments:

Post a Comment